April 23, 2012

Sneak Peek of Summer

We got a little sneak peek of summer the past several days with temperatures in the low 90s. Compared to the days of 70 degrees before that it felt HOT, but made for a great reason to get the pool out and spend a lazy weekend swimming and eating watermelon, or both at the same time in Audrey's case.


We did manage to get a little work done also. Audrey helped me plant our garden at the end of last week. She took putting the seeds into the ground extremely seriously!


We planted beans and mini-romaine lettuce. After doing some very quick and very rough mental math I figured on the day we planted these we had about 70 days until we move. The lettuce will be no problem, we should be able to start harvesting in about 40 days, but the beans, well the package says 74 days. I might be pushing my luck a little. Or a lot. We'll see. But I just had to plant more than lettuce, plus I really want to make some more dilly beans. We have one just one jar left and I am basically hoarding it.

Have you planted a garden yet this year? Please do it for me so I can vicariously live through you. I've pretty much already begged everyone I know to plant an extra tomato plant for me so I can make more sauce this year.

2 comments:

  1. Grandma BonnieApril 23, 2012

    Audrey look like one happy little girl. Who could ask for more...a pool and a slice of watermelon. Summer is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey looks so adorable in that swimsuit. I don't know if Jeremy told you this before, but eating fruit while in water is one of his favorite things to do. Totally weird, but he is going to love that photo.

    ReplyDelete