October 20, 2011

Dilly Beans - My Canning Success Story


I'm so excited to report that my canning experiment was a complete success! I made Dilly Beans, something I've never had before, but couldn't resist because one, I had a ton of beans and didn't know what I was going to do with them and two, because I'm a sucker for a pickled vegetable. I used this recipe from food.com


After carefully inspecting the jar to make sure there wasn't any mold or funny business going on, we opened the first jar last week when we had company over for dinner. The beans were absolutely delicious. We polished off the whole jar in just one evening. These dilly beans were perfectly crispy and spicy. Surprisingly even the two little kiddos weren't turned off by the spice and ate a few too.


At this point my only regret is that there are just six jars left. I feel like we can only pop one of these open on a special occasion. I will definitely be making a lot more next year.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is the one way that Jeremy might actually enjoy green beans. He hates them otherwise, but he loves anything pickled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husbands gma makes them and they're amazing!!! I made some for the first time this year but they were not that spicy :( and to me that's what makes theM so darn good. They were still yummy but I only made 2jars...dumb idea
    Audrielle
    For
    www.pinsneedleskids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete