October 27, 2011

Eleanor's Rainbow Busy Book

Update: I have received many emails and comments asking about a pattern, it's posted in a few places around the blog, but I thought I'd add it to the top of this post too to make it easier to find. I followed Simplicity 3709 for these busy books, with very slight deviations. 

The Shop's first official order was shipped out yesterday. This book is going to a little girl named Eleanor for her first birthday. Super cute name, right? Her aunt ordered it for her and asked for a rainbow of colors with graphic prints and a bit of a vintage vibe.


I hope she likes it as much as I do because I fell in the love with the colors and fabrics while making the book. I'll admit, I might even be a little jealous that this isn't Audrey's book.


It was pretty fun to get to package the book up and ship it off. The first order just seems a bit special.


Oh, and if you're wondering why the shop is currently empty, it's because I'm up to my ears in orders right now. As soon as I get this batch of books finished and shipped I will add more listings. I'm so thankful for all the support and enthusiasm I've gotten about selling the books. When I listed the first one I didn't know what would come of it, but to have all the listings sell out in just a couple weeks time blew me away. So thanks!

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! And I really need this as well. :) You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you that people are purchasing the books! They look so high quality, you do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I find these on Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I am not currently taking new orders, but thank you for your interest!

      Delete
  4. How do you put your book together? Would you mind sharing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to make one of these books for my granddaughter. Is there anyway to find the directions? She will be 2 in May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please contact me when you start selling again!! spmassmann@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your work is beautiful! I'd also love to know when you're selling again!
    Here's my email, please put me in your list!
    loriejoanne@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! i would love to order as well! gendronfamily6@gmail.com

      Delete
  8. Your pages are so beautiful. I would love to order one as well. You can reach me at dianne.tyson09@yahoo.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the book. Would you consider selling me a pattern only for personal use. My grandbabies would love them. I have been shopping for patterns unsuccessfully. I love the real book look.
    Thank you.
    Linda clairw@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Any chance of ordering just the pattern?
    AnneR

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pattern is a simplicity pattern number 3709

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I love your work. Can you tell me how much your books cost and when you are available to make one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately I'm no longer making or selling these books. They are quite labor intensive and now that we have three little kiddos I just am not able to find the time.

      Delete
  13. Emily do you have a pattern for your quite books I love the way they look especially the binding how it looks like a real book I want to make some for my son and your book looks the best so far or if you can point me in the right direction for a good pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, I use the Simplicity 3709 pattern. I'm sure your son will love having a busy book, our kids sure love playing with them!

      Delete
  14. How do I find the pattern to make this book?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello can tell me a fair price to charge for these books. I love to sew and just started making them. Thank you. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is noticeably big money to comprehend this. I suppose you have made specific nice points in functions also. nursery wall murals

    ReplyDelete