April 4, 2012

Our First House Purchase

We made a purchase for our new house a couple of weeks ago. Actually our very first purchase, because technically we haven't even closed on the land yet. We found four of these beautiful old glass french doors at a used building supply store and couldn't pass them up.


They are slightly narrower than a standard door and almost eight feet tall. Two of them will be used in our dining area and two will be used in the family room, one on each side of a fireplace, all four will lead out to a covered porch on the back of the house.


The handles that were on the outsides of the door have a beautiful patina to them, while the handles on the inside are still a gold color. I plan on patina-ing (completely made up that word) the gold side to, cross my fingers, match the outside.


Currently one side of each door is a light green and the other is a white. I will refinish them, but am still not sure what color. White or black seem like the most obvious choices. Honestly, I think black would be awesome, but I'm getting a little resistance on it.


I can't wait to see them in the space. I think they are going to be beautiful and love the character they will add.

1 comment:

  1. Your house is going to be so pretty, you have such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete