September 12, 2011

Hummus

Around here we love hummus. I think it is just delicious and such an easy go to appetizer or snack if people come over, plus it's healthy. I'm not sure why I waited so long, but last week I finally tried making my own. I definitely won't be buying it from the store anymore, it was fantastic, not to mention ridiculously easy.


I think the best part about this recipe, other than the ease, is that it is a jumping off point to add any flavor you want. It would be delicious to roast the garlic first, make things spicy with a little jalapeño, finish with a drizzle of olive oil, really you could do anything.

Hummus
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can low-sodium garbanzo beans, reserve liquid
juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Slowly add liquid from garbanzo beans until you reach desired consistency (I used about 3/4 of the liquid). Enjoy!


Posted at:
We Did It! Wednesday on Sew Much Ado

3 comments:

  1. It seems easy and I would try it if I had a food processor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE hummus and was just telling my husband that there has to be an easy recipe...THANK YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, thanks so much for letting me know about this. I am totally going to make this to go with my homemade pita.

    ReplyDelete