December 1, 2011

Christmas Decor

I just love this time of year; the lights, the decorations, the tree, everything about it. I started doing a little decorating over the weekend. It is very simple, cost me next to nothing, and most importantly Audrey-safe. Here's a little look at what I've done.

Our "mantel". 
The Luke printable is from Betty Crocker Wannabe.

Our advent calendar. 
I made this for Bryce years ago after he mentioned he wanted an advent calendar. I had seen something similar in a Pottery Barn magazine and figured I could make it myself. What I didn't realize, not having had advent calendars growing up, was that Bryce was talking about the simple, one dollar, cardboard tree advent calendars you can buy at the Dollar Store. He was floored when I showed it to him, and years later I'm really glad we have it.

Advent candles. 
This is the first time I've done advent candles, but I think it is such a great tradition and reminder of what the season is really about. If you're interested I came across this great site for daily advent devotionals.

Our tree.
We started with a few ornaments towards the bottom of the tree also, but it was very obvious that that wasn't going to work with a toddler running around. Now we have a half-decorated tree. I think it is slightly pathetic and also a little endearing.

What about you, have you pulled out your decorations yet?

2 comments:

  1. I love your advent calendar! We haven't gotten our decorations out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the advent calendar too! We plan to decorate our tree and house tomorrow!(I think your Audrey-proof tree is very endearing and you'll always remember it!)

    ReplyDelete