November 1, 2010

Pasta with Pan Roasted Cauliflower and Tomato Cream Sauce

Remember these pasta noodles I made a couple of weeks ago? Well, I made them to go with this Pan Roasted Cauliflower and Tomato Cream Sauce. It was a complete experiment, but turned out so good. I will definitely be making it again.

Pasta with Pan Roasted Cauliflower and Tomato Cream Sauce
1 head Cauliflower, divided into small florets
1/2 White Onion, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 cup Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
1/4 Cup Cream
Small pat of butter
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

In a large sauce pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and small pat of butter. Add chopped cauliflower, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned.


Remove cauliflower from pan. At this point I could have honestly stopped and just eaten this straight out of the bowl, who knew roasted cauliflower was that good. 


Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and saute the onion and bell pepper until they are soft, about 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and red pepper flake and cook 3 more minutes. 


Add the chicken stock and tomato sauce. 

{If you are asking yourself why my tomato sauce looks like an ice cube, that's because it was frozen. I hate to throw anything out so when I open a can of tomato sauce if I don't use the whole thing I freeze what is left in an ice cube tray. 1 cube = 2 tablespoons, so 4 cubes = 8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup. It works great.}
Once everything is mixed together and has cooked a few minutes add the cream. I temper mine a little so that it won't curdle. Check your sauce for seasonings, it may need a little salt and pepper.


{My sauce got a little thick too thick because I was waiting until Bryce got home from work and it was later than expected. So, in short, your sauce should look saucier at this point.}

Finally, add the cauliflower back in, stir to coat the cauliflower with the sauce and cook until heated through. Toss with your noodles and enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! Sounds like way more work than I am capable of handling though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Delicious! love, mom

    ReplyDelete