March 15, 2011

A Toy Clip and A Squirrel

I have been working really hard on Audrey's busy book and for all my whining I am actually enjoying it now. It is just taking a bit of time... there is a LOT of little pieces to cut out and I can't even tell you how many times I have had to change thread. Hopefully I will have a finished project to show soon.

I took a little break from the book yesterday to whip up a toy clip for Audrey. Bryce had the genius idea awhile back to get a pacifier clip for her toys. We use it all the time. We attach it to her stroller when we go for walks, to her high chair when we are out to dinner, and to her shopping cart cover. It is great because she can have her toy to play with or chew on, but when she throws or drops it the toy never lands on the ground. And we are not constantly having to pick it up. Seriously, genius. We have only had one for several months now and I decided we needed another. This was seriously the easiest and fastest thing I've ever made. It might have taken me 3 minutes and that is being generous.



Completely unrelated, but while I was sewing today I heard it starting to rain so I looked up to see out the window and this is what I saw.


Looking out my second story window this is not what I was expecting and it made me smile. It was raining hard and I think the squirrel was caught completely off guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment