December 14, 2010

Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies


Audrey and I are headed to a holiday cookie exchange today. It didn't take me long to decide to make Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies to bring. This recipe has become my go-to recipe when cookies are needed. People LOVE them. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but even I think they are pretty good. I didn't create this recipe, but for the life of me, I don't remember where it came from.

Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies (yields 24-30 cookies)
2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and both sugars. Mix in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time.
3. Add the cocoa powder and mix to combine. 
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly combine into cocoa mixture until just combined. 
5. Stir in chocolate chips. 
6. Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet into approximately one inch balls. I use an ice cream scoop, which makes it really easy. 
7. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cookies will appear underdone. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack. 


I think the other moms will be pretty happy with these.

1 comment:

  1. Those sound REALLY good.

    P.S. I really enjoyed your e-mail.

    -Kira

    ReplyDelete