October 17, 2010

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie


As a general rule I try not to make dessert when it is just Bryce and I around here because we end up eating way too much of it. So I couldn't pass up the opportunity yesterday when we were lucky enough to have Bryce's parents and brother come for a visit and dinner. In addition to an amazing meal of smoked beef brisket, cheesy corn bake (something so incredible and decadent it deserves a whole post to itself), coleslaw, and cornbread I made this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie recipe that I saw on Annie's Eats (an amazing food blog that you should definitely check out).


The name pretty much sums it up, it is a mix of some of the best parts of dessert - graham cracker crust, apple pie like filling, cheesecake with a hint of lemony goodness, whipped cream, and caramel, lots of caramel. Needless to say, this is not a health food. Making it took a bit of time and I had a few stumbles along the way, including smoking out our entire house when butter started dripping on the bottom of the oven (I tried really hard to blame the smoke on Bryce because he was cooking bacon at the same time, but sadly, it was all too obvious who was at fault when we opened the oven). When it was all said and done (and the smoked cleared out) the dessert was actually really good. As rich as it sounds it wasn't too overly sweet and all the different components really made a good combination. If you are looking for a new dessert to try I would definitely recommend it.

P.S. Don't you just love my new tablecloth? I do!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma BonnieOctober 18, 2010

    I was lucky enough to partake in this fabulous dessert! It was sooo good! Emily sent home some of the left-overs and we are fighting over them! Rich, decadent and oh-so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete