October 17, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

I have to admit that I am kind of obsessed with the tomato sauce I made this year. I'm wishing I had had even more tomatoes to have been able to make more sauce because at the rate I'm using it my supply isn't going to last long. A couple of weeks ago I used the tomato sauce to make Chicken Parmesan (or at least what I'm calling Chicken Parmesan, I have no idea how authentic it is). Obviously you could also use store bought tomato sauce too and I'm sure it would turn out great. This was a VERY last minute idea and came together really quickly and easily, just my kind of weeknight dinner. I will definitely be making it again.

Chicken Parmesan
2 chicken breasts
2 eggs, lightly beaten in a shallow dish
1 cup breadcrumbs, in a shallow dish
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Pound two chicken breasts to an even thickness. I always do this between two pieces of plastic wrap so chicken juices don't splatter everywhere.

In a large oven-safe pan heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken first into the beaten egg and shake off excess and then into the breadcrumbs and shake of excess. Place the chicken in the heated pan. Cook chicken for two minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken and cover each piece in cheese. 


Place in oven until the cheese is slightly golden and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy and easy! Thank you for the step-by-step photos and directions!

    ReplyDelete