January 19, 2011

My Beautifully Organized Stash

Being a slightly obsessive, slightly type-A personality this is a bit tough to share. But here is what my fabric stash has been looking like lately.

{Don't mind the clothes hanging there. My fabric lives in my closet, which happens to be in the guest room, which also happens to be my craft room/sewing room. Talk about multi-purpose!}
It's pathetic, I know. 

What's even more sad is that I love, LOVE, good organization. When my sister and brother-in-law moved into their loft I don't know what made me more excited, that they had an amazing loft, that they were within walking distance to the world's coolest bookstore, or that Storables was just around the corner. So to have this mess of fabric drove me crazy. Lucky for me, I ran across this post over at Smashed Peas and Carrots and no longer have to look at my unorganized stash.

These "Golden Age Size Comic Boards" turned my very unorganized stash into this.


I'm in organizational heaven.


It is truly a thing of beauty. I could sit there and stare at it all day.

All I had to do was fold my fabric and wrap it around the boards and now I have one beautifully organized fabric stash.

3 comments:

  1. I might need to get some of those. That shelf space is perfect for them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Em's, surely there's something wrong with such organization. I'd miss the thrill of finding that perfect piece at the bottom of the pile, or so I tell myself. Show-off. love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a Pacific NW Organizing Expo coming up soon...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete